"Son's are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from Him. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate." Ps 127:3-5

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Off Ramp Ahead!


I have been travelling along at a leisurely pace and see a sign up ahead notifying me of an upcoming off ramp to a new road.  Hmmmm, I need to make a decision, which road do I take?  Do I continue in the direction I have been heading, or do I wish to reroute my journey and set off another direction?  Their is no GPS for life decisions to just tell me what I should do.

The road I am on now is paved with Convenience and Complacency.  It goes through the towns in Indifference and Obesity.  It contains thousands of potholes along the way, not noticeable at first glance, but there all the same.  These potholes have names, you know the ones, Depression, Self-pity, Restlessness, Discontentment, and Spiritual Decay.  This road has the appearance of easy travel and looks so great from the onset, if only that blasted sun wasn't blaring in our eyes we might be able to see what is ahead.


I notice as I draw closer to the off-ramp that their is a Construction sign for the new road.  Growth is promised.  This new road is rocky and difficult to travel.  It requires Endurance, Determination, Alertness, and Patience.  It will travel through the towns of Compassion, Diligence, and Good Health.  Their are no convenient Drive-Thrus along this road for it requires Direction and Preparedness from the onset.  This road has its potholes as well, remember that Construction sign?.  The potholes of Failure can be found scattered occasionally along this road, but don't fret, they are constantly being paved over with Perseverance and Initiative.  There are many hills and mountains to climb, but the view of Wisdom, Contentment, and Gratefulness is like no other you have ever seen.  Remember the harder the climb, the greater view from the other side.  This road promises to be plagued with challenges that will required Decisiveness and Boldness to make this journey.  There are many off ramps along the way to take you back to the first road if you choose to take them, but be warned that the longer you travel this road, the less likely you are to use one of them.

Two Roads, Two Different Journeys
It is time to decide.

Thankfully I recall bringing my MAP with me and if I am reading this correctly it says I have been on the wrong road for way to long.  I will never arrive at my desired destination on this current course, I need to take the off ramp, circle around on the donut (WHEEEE!), and merge onto this new THOROUGHway.  Immediately I will feel the gravel grinding away at me as I begin this journey, but it is all part of stripping away the old, and bringing out the polished shine of the NEW.  So I take a deep breathe, open the glove box, pull out my SONglasses and head off on a new trajectory with Joyfulness.

My new journey will take me through many Challenges, but if you never step out of Comfort you can never Acheive anything.  We are all traveling on an INNERstate, but you must choose which one you will take and what towns you will visit along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment